With Halloween behind us and Thanksgiving fast approaching, it’s time to start creating our holiday wish lists. This year we are focusing on the hottest smart home technology. Take your home to the next level in 2018. Here are some of the newest exciting products on the market.
While your current thermostat is simply a control panel for your HVAC, a smart thermostat allows you to regulate the climate remotely, shows energy consumption in real time and even learns from your behaviors.
- Ecobee4 – This smart thermostat has a built-in Amazon Alexa speaker, responsive display and remote sensor. You could also be eligible for a $100 Georgia Power rebate with purchase!
- Honeywell Lyric T5 – The Honeywell Lyric T5 adapts to your lifestyle and provides an impressive suite of features at a low cost, including automated “Home” and “Away” settings.
Smart locks give you the power. Control the safety of your home remotely and even give “digital keys” to those who regularly visit.
- August Smart Lock Homekit – It’s easy to install, works with Siri and in general does everything just a bit better than the first generation. Keep your home safe in 2018 with this new technology!
- Kwikset Kevo Convert – The accompanying app allows you to easily share access to the lock with time-restricted e-keys for guests or even service workers. Renters rejoice! This design is a perfect choice for those who aren’t allowed to ditch their current deadbolt.
These doorbells contain embedded audio and video features that allow you to interact with guests using a smartphone or tablet app.
- SkyBell HD Wi-Fi Video Doorbell –SkyBell comes with free online video storage, 1080p resolution and integrates with Alexa, Nest and IFTTT.
- Ring’s Video Doorbell 2 – Ring’s video doorbell is ready to use as soon as you unpack it. Complete with two-way talk and motion activated alerts, you can keep watch over your home from inside, outside or even halfway across the world.
Smart Energy Monitors
Gain a greater understanding of the inner energy workings of your home and how you can make your home more energy efficient with this smart tool.
- Curb – Install this device inside or outside and start saving. Curb provides real-time energy consumption data for your entire home. Make an investment that will help you save!
- Smappee Home Energy Monitor – The accompanying app provides tips, tricks and warnings for more efficient energy use. The Smappee also provides detailed app and web reporting in addition to a free “comfort plug.”
Be sure to check out online reviews or Consumer Reports to choose the right ones for your home. Are you considering a home remodeling project that incorporates smart technology? Our design/build professionals are ready to assist! Contact us today!